Updated: Oct 26
Radon Protection UK carry our Radon System servicing as an extension to our Radon testing and mitigation services.
Sump systems are generally robust and reliable and have a life span of usually 6 - 10 years. Sump systems need checking regularly to determine if the fan is running and that vents are not blocked. All this requires, is to place your hand by the vent, clear any vegetation and obstructions from the vents and listen / feel for fan noise and vibration. The system should be serviced every two to three years to remove any potential blockages.
Like everything mechanical, Radon reduction systems need maintenance.
Radon Servicing by a Radon Protection UK Engineer may include:
· Visual inspection of all pipework and associated fittings including electrics.
· Removal and replacement of existing radon extraction fan.
· Ensure the system is clear of obstructions.
· External cleaning of all pipework and fan.
· Power the system down.
· Inspect the pump for debris.
· Inspect sump for sealing holes.
· Power the system up checking for faults on start-up (simulate a power cut)
In some instances, we may need to replace your radon fan / pump. Fans may need to be repaired or replaced whilst on site if the fan is found to be irreparable.
Radon Protection UK also recommend to retest your home or workplace following a radon service to ensure Radon levels remain low and under the radon action level.
Radon Protection UK are specialists in the repair, servicing and replacement of Radon systems. We are always happy to provide you with a quote to service any radon system including Radon Fan and pump servicing and Positive Input Ventilation Unit servicing.
Please feel free to contact us for a quote to service and maintain your existing Radon system. Contact us on 0800 978 8435.